SOAHR 2020 Virtual Help Desk
SHRM-Atlanta is so excited to welcome you to SOAHR 2020!
Thanks for visiting the Virtual Help Desk. We’re here to help you navigate the SOAHR 2020 Virtual Conference Platform with a ton of resources which are provided below.
In addition to the content below, we also offer:
- Email Support: If you have additional issues, please email email@example.com Please note that due to the volume of emails, response times may be slow. We encourage you to utilize the resources listed below for a faster answer.
Attendee Quick Start Guide
This PDF serves as a guide to give you a very basic overview of how to access the Virtual Conference Platform. This document barely scratches the surface about the many interactive features in the platform, so we encourage you to learn more in the videos and content on this page.
Platform Overview Tutorial
The video below will give you a detailed walkthrough of the many features and functions available in the SOAHR 2020 Virtual Conference Platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will login to SOAHR Virtual using the email address you used to register for the conference. An email with details on how to login will be sent approximately 1 week prior to the conference. If you register within 1 week of the conference your login link will be sent 24-48 hours after registering.
You may also login directly via a weblink at soahr.login.swapcard.com using the email address you provided when you registered for SOAHR.
If you are still having issues logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note attendee accounts are for one user only and will be locked if shared with multiple users.
You will need an Internet connection and web browser. We recommend hi-speed internet for the best viewing experience.
We strongly suggest that you join the conference using a supported internet browser, which includes the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
There is no need to download or install anything prior to the conference. The event will automatically open in a web browser. If windows do not open automatically, be sure to double check that pop-ups are allowed in your browser.
If you would like to participate in video networking you will need to have a working webcam and mic.
Our Virtual Conference Platform has a lot of features! For a basic understanding we recommend you first download and review our Attendee Quick Start Guide. For a deeper dive, watch the Platform Overview Video above. After that, feel free to check out our Video Library down below with walkthrough videos of common actions in the platform.
At the conclusion of the conference look for a SOAHR Conference Survey button on the home page. Please share your opinion, we want to hear from you!
There are a variety of ways you can interact with other attendees: making connections, messaging, video conferencing, Community Chat Rooms, Exhibitor Booths, booking meetings with other attendees, Q&A chats in live sessions, Live Video Q&A sessions with OnDemand speakers, and of course our Happy Hour on Monday, August 3!
Be sure to watch the Platform Overview Video above for full details.
Nope! Everything will be done right within the platform – there is no need to have any additional account.
Note: You may need to ‘allow’ your browser to access your video and mic in order to successfully start the video call.
From the homepage, navigate to the button that says Community Chat Rooms. From here you will see a list of all the different community chat rooms that are available – feel free to join as many as you want! To join a chat room, click the Follow discussion button on the right hand side of the screen (it will show up purple once you are subscribed). Simply enter your chat and click send!
While you are in Attendees view, look to the right side of your screen where it says Get better recommendations. In this area, you can add specific terms related to attendees that you want to connect with. Once you enter the term, the AI-matchmaking will begin and results will appear within one minute. Note: you may need to refresh the page to see updated info.
The Official SOAHR Happy Hour sponsored by Ogletree Deakins will take place Monday, August 3 from 4-5pm. Connect with new and old friends after a great day of learning! The Happy Hour features a cocktail demonstration, small group networking, and the chance to win great prizes. You can join by clicking the Happy Hour button on the homepage.
There are also nine sessions that qualify for HRCI business credit. To find these sessions, use the filter function in the platform to look under “Other” and select HRCI Business Credit.
Note: Distribution of credit codes to outside sources is strictly prohibited.
Click here for step-by-step instructions, or view the videos in the video library at the bottom of this page.
At SOAHR 2020 we are offering two types of sessions: LIVE and OnDemand.
- These are just like a session at an in-person conference. They occur during scheduled breakout session times on August 3 and 4, and there will be 3 LIVE sessions available in each session timeslot (excluding keynotes).
- LIVE Session Speakers will be available in the session (via chat) to interact with the audience and answer questions.
- Note: If you miss a LIVE session, it will be available to watch OnDemand beginning Wednesday, August 5.
- These are available for you to watch anytime beginning August 2 (through September 3*).
- If you have questions for OnDemand Speakers, many are hosting live video Q&A sessions on Zoom during the conference – check their session for details!
- *There are a few sessions that will not be available for the full 30 days. If this is the case, it will be noted in the session description.
If you have registered for a 2-day ticket, you will also be able to view all live sessions and all OnDemand sessions. You may attend as many or as few sessions as you want. If you registered for one day (Monday or Tuesday), you will have access to Live sessions on your day of choice, plus the OnDemand sessions.
- For LIVE sessions on Monday or Tuesday: You can ask questions and interact with both the speaker and others attending the session by using the Live Discussion Panel on the right of your screen.
- To share thoughts and chat with other participants, use the Chat Tab.
- If you have a question specifically for the speaker, use the Questions Tab.
- For On-Demand sessions:
- Some OnDemand speakers are hosting Live Q&A Video Sessions via Zoom during the conference. Check their session and look for a pink button under the session that says “Questions for the Speaker? Join a Live Video Q&A”
- You can also find the speaker in the Speaker List and then send them a Connection Request to begin chatting.
Some of our speakers are happy to share their content/presentations with the audience – the material we are permitted to distribute will be posted as downloadable resources in the “Documents” sections. If you don’t see a presentation/resource, it is unavailable for public use.
Look for a survey link in the description section of each session. Please share your opinion, we want to hear from you!
Yes, sessions will be available on-demand for 30 days after the conference. Please note that you will only be able to view sessions for the day(s) you registered for (i.e. if you only registered for Monday, you will only be able to replay live sessions that were held on Monday + sessions in the in OnDemand Library).
Note: There are a few OnDemand sessions that will not be available for the full 30 days. It will note this at the beginning of the session description if that is the case.
Replays of the LIVE sessions will be available beginning Wednesday, August 5.
Make sure you download the PDF Agenda-At-A-Glance on the SOAHR Conference Homepage for a full view of the program.
Additionally, at any point you can go back to the Conference home page and view the banner image at the top of the page to see what is coming up next.
Swag Bags will be available to pickup at the SHRM-Atlanta office on August 11 and 13 from 10 am – 4 pm. Please visit https://www.shrmatlanta.org/page/SWAGBAG to schedule your pickup.
Video Tutorial Library
Below you will find a library of quick (2 mins or less) tutorial videos showing various features in the platform. Click any button to view the video.