Optimizing HR’s Financial Resources
March 24 | 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Corporate resources have always been and will always be limited. Today is no different. CEO, CFOs and other C-suite leaders always have and always will make the decisions around where to spend and how to disburse fiscal resources. The key question for all HR professionals is, are you doing everything in your power to get the $$ you need to do the job that must be done to recruit and retain highly a highly motivated workforce? And, are you getting your fair share? Does the “squeaky wheel” win more of a share than might be necessary? Are appropriations going to the hot issues of the day like, security, R&D, product development, or customer services? Where does human capital fit into the picture in your company?
Participants in this session will hear from experienced HR leaders regarding how they approach their financial resources needs and, ultimately, how they win their fair share. Whether you are an entry level, midlevel, or experienced HR leader this session will provide insights into the factors that position HR professionals in the best light when it comes to asset allocation. Discussions will include but not be limited to: presentation and communication skills; making the financial case; being outcome and output oriented; representation at the leadership table; and budgeting. Every HR employee will be better served in their career to understand the intersection between financial astuteness and decisions around where dollars are allocated.
If financial acumen, regarding holding your own when it comes to winning the $$ required for your company or department, is of interest to you, we welcome you to join us in this important session.
In this session you will:
- Learn how HR leaders make their case for financial resources
- Understand the dynamics of asset allocation and how experienced HR leaders position their department for needed resources
- Hear how to maneuver through the politics of funding to optimize your outcome
- Discuss HR’s thinking around their allocations. How do they use the money that they have? Examples include: salaries, perks, training, coaching, and the overall employee experience.
- Hear how HR leaders think about asset allocation between recruitment and retention
- Leadership & Navigation
- Business Acumen