★ KEYNOTE | 5 Barriers You’ll Need to Break for Success in 2020 – and Beyond
March 27 | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Speaker: Jim Link | Chief Human Resources Officer, Randstad North America
There is no denying the workplace is constantly evolving and the pace required of today’s decision-makers is unprecedented. Join Jim Link, chief human resources officer at Randstad North America, a leading voice on the future workplace, as he discusses disruptive trends contributing to the erosion of the traditional workplace. From differences in generational workforce preferences to technology-driven disruptions and leadership traits needed to succeed in the post-digital workplace, Link will discuss steps HR leaders can take to rethink and redesign their workforce strategies to ensure business sustainability.
Join Jim Link as he highlights major factors that will play a role in the future workplace and the five barriers companies must break in order to thrive in 2020 — and beyond.
In this session you will:
- Learn how to shift from leading toward action to leading toward decompression. The pervasiveness of technology and resulting fast-paced, 24/7 world will greatly impact decision-making. Leaders will need to learn to help employees “decompress” from digital and balance the pressures of real-time response and immediate tasks with long-term, strategic decision-making.
- Understand which needs in Maslow’s Hierarchy can be supported through technology (flexibility, connectivity, self-empowerment) in the workplace and which, specifically, are at risk (intimacy).
- Gain insight on how neglecting to adapt to a more agile work environment will lead some companies to miss out on skilled talent. Identify which high-touch and high-tech skills will be valued and required in an increasingly automated and robotic business landscape.
- Learn how to configure your workplace to best engage Gen Z and Millennials in the workplace and how to further develop your organizational culture to take advantage of their strengths, passions and interests.
- Uncover the business metrics every HR leader should know to develop a strong workforce strategy.
SHRM BoCK Competencies: Leadership & Navigation, Communication, Business Acumen