Speaker: Libby Dishner
CEOs are signing the “Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation” issued by the Business Roundtable. This document – which Josh Bersin calls a Manifesto – states the purpose of a corporation goes beyond profits and includes all stakeholders (this means employees!). This shift to looking beyond shareholders to broader societal impacts may mean dramatic changes for how business is done.
This program will explore the following:
- Is this the burning platform HR has needed to have the business view employees as true stakeholders?
- How does HR ensure it’s in step as the business adopts this broader focus?
- How will policies and processes need to shift?
- Is this the change management challenge of the 2020’s?
Explore answers to these questions and more in this interactive session with a dynamic speaker.
Learn how this landmark Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation can influence your HR strategy as employees are now being seen as stakeholders of the business. Employees will also have to behave differently to include the perspectives of stakeholders beyond just customers and shareholders.
In this session you will:
- Understand how HR can strategically leverage the Business Roundtable manifesto to drive initiatives that help elevate the voice of the employee
- Understand the actions needed to take to help the business adopt the manifesto and prepare leaders to embrace and adapt this shift in purpose
- Create a plan of action for HR to being to address this shift
- Leadership & Navigation
- Business Acumen