Read below for three tips on convincing your boss, as well as a sample letter to help convince you manager or supervisor why YOU should attend SOAHR 2022.
– Review the full SOAHR program with 40+ sessions and map out your customized conference agenda.
– Choose a mix of sessions that benefit you personally and that can expand your whole team’s expertise and improve your work.
– Download this “Convince Your Boss” letter along with a copy of the Agenda-At-A-Glance. Highlight the sessions you’d like to attend, and list specific speakers and companies you’re interested in learning from.
– Be ready to discuss why attending SOAHR will make you a better asset to your company.
– Lay the groundwork with the letter, then schedule a brief meeting to state your case in person.
– Explain the ROI on sending you to the event.
– Walk through the conference website together to review the program and speaker lineup.
If you need help overcoming common objections, take a look at these responses below:
Objection: “It’s too expensive.”
Your response: “This two-day event will have benefits that will carry over through the rest of the year and beyond, so it’s a great value. It looks like they offer group rates as well, so this might be an investment worth making for our entire team.”
Objection: “You can’t be away from the office for two days.”
Your response: “Two days away from the office that I’ll be gathering information and best practices that will benefit our organization.”
Your closing argument: “When I get back from the conference, I’ll schedule a download session with those who couldn’t attend. I’ll present my notes and speaker handouts from all the sessions I attended. I’ll recommend new ideas for our entire team and how it can be incorporated into our processes. I’ll show all the great resource material I picked up in the Exhibit Hall from vendors who can save us money. Sending me or our team to the conference means elevating our whole team — and when our work improves, you look good, too.”