Legal + People + HR = Company Culture | A Panel Discussion
March 27 @ 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Moderator: Damon Elmore | Sr. Executive Director People Strategy and General Counsel, Muncie Power Products
- Katherine Williams, Diaz Foods, Inc.
- Suzanne Deddish Taylor Aaron’s Inc.
Human Resources is an essential element in shaping and driving business strategy and corporate culture. The challenge…many times it has progress constricted by legal opinion and advice, whether actual or perceived. Sessions in this conference alone talked about hot topics, and administrative regulations, and harassment and balancing risks, and oh my!
Join this discussion, and a panel comprised of 3 lawyers caught in the middle of it all – two with direct HR responsibility, and one as a partner to the associate relations department. As a part of this panel session, attendees will be guided through the framing and shaping of people strategy and culture with the help of legal. Then, we’ll navigate how challenges from other parts of the business, and society in general, can mess up the formula. Finally, a candid discussion on what to make of it all, and where we go from here.
- Explore best practices and clear examples of sound workforce management
- Learn proven tips for helping build and refine people strategy objectives
- Improve HR competence, business value, and HR subject matter expertise
- Focus on a proactive perspective and meeting stakeholder (employee/associate) needs
SHRM BoCK Competencies:
- Leadership and Navigation
- Critical Evaluation
- Business Strategy