HR Without Boundaries – Crossing Barriers Across the Enterprise
March 26 | 11:20 am - 12:20 pm
Facilitator: Tino Mantella, President & CEO of Turknett Leadership Group & former CEO of TAG (Technology Assoc of Georgia)
- Janet Barnard, CHRO Cox Automotive – Moved from a President role to the CHRO
- Angela Long, CHRO Colonial Pipeline – Moved from Tax & Audit VP to Chief People Officer
- Shan Cooper, Exec Dir Atl Committee for Progress – Moved from a Sr HR Leader at Lockheed to the GM, to Chief Transformation Officer at Westrock, to an Exec Director role
Learn from three leaders who either started their careers in HR and then moved to a Senior Operations role, or who moved from a Senior Operations role into the top HR role. What can these transitions tell us about the value and promise of HR in the future?
In this session you will learn:
- How do moves at top levels break down silos, strengthening the organization and the individual leaders?
- How does HR prepare executives for top roles? What do HR leaders bring to operations leadership?
- What do functional or operations leaders bring to HR? What can HR leaders learn from people who have moved to the top HR role from other senior roles?
SHRM BoCK Competencies: Leadership & Navigation, Communication, Business Acumen