Creating and Administering Effective Performance Improvement Plans
March 26 | 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Speaker: Todd Stanton | Principal, Stanton Law LLC
Underperforming, insubordinate, and disruptive employees drain productivity and cost money and time. Join Stanton Law LLC for a 60-minute workshop to learn how employers can deal with these issues proactively in a way that virtually eliminates the chances that they blow up into expensive, resource-sucking litigation.
We’ll teach you how to create and administer efficient performance improvement plans (“PIPs”) that allow management to address problem employees. You will leave the program with a working PIP template and the functional skill set to apply the PIP process in your own shop.
Our experience shows that a prudently applied PIP usually results in one of several desired outcomes:
1. the problem employee is rehabilitated, avoiding additional disruption and turn over, and creating a productive and loyal employee moving forward;
2. the problem employee self-selects, quits, and takes his bad attitude somewhere else; or
3. the employer has a well-documented history of the legitimate non-discriminatory reasons for the separation.
In any event, the “problem” is ultimately solved, and you don’t have to deal with it anymore. Come learn how to make HR look easy.
In this session you will:
- Learn how to create and administer efficient performance improvement plans (“PIPs”)
- Leave this session with a working PIP template and the functional skill set to apply the PIP process in your own organization
SHRM BoCK Competencies: Communication, Business Acumen, HR Expertise