Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation
March 27 @ 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Speaker: Dan Schawbel | Partner and Research Director, Future Workplace
Technology has impacted our workplaces in ways that weren’t possible a decade ago. We feel “highly connected.” But are we, really? Instead of strong bonds, we have weak ties. Instead of productive meetings, we have distractions. Despite the illusion of 24/7 connection, in reality, most workers feel isolated from their colleagues, leaders and organization. What they crave most—and what research increasingly shows to be the hallmark of the highest-performing workplace cultures—is a sense of authentic connection with others. They want to get Back to Human.
Dan Schawbel shows you how—while still optimizing all the benefits of technology. Drawing from his much-anticipated new book, Back to Human, Dan Schawbel has created a culture-transforming experience for leaders and managers that extends far beyond the typical keynote, to include scientific assessments and a follow-up webinar. Schawbel has conducted over three-dozen research studies, surveying over 86,000 people in twenty countries and individuals from companies such as Google, HBO, Starbucks, Facebook, General Mills, GE and Nike. What he has learned will forever change how you look at the importance of workplace connectivity and getting Back to Human.
- Why the highest performing and healthiest teams are the ones that are the most connected
- How technology can negatively impact work relationships—and how to radically improve them
- How to recognize and support employees who feel isolated from the team
- How team connectivity impacts business outcomes and can increase loyalty and organizational commitment—and ways to encourage it
SHRM BoCK Competencies:
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness