Structured Thought and Communication
Monday, March 26, 2018 | 12:00pm – 4:00pm | Cobb Galleria Centre
Recertification Credits: 3.5 SHRM PDCs/HRCI CEUs
If you want to get to “yes” efficiently and effectively, this course is exactly what you need. Learn a method for defining and analyzing an idea as well as how to successfully create, communicate, and gain support for initiatives through the application of an efficient, effective analytical approach. Mike Figliuolo’s book The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved is based on this highly-rated program.
Participants learn how to:
- Create and define a “core idea” they want to get support for
- Build logic to support that “core idea”
- Define the analyses required to support that “core idea”
- Draft and discuss their “story” with key stakeholders
- Package their “story” in a variety of formats (presentation, memo, email, etc.)
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts and practical application exercises. The target audience for this course consists of individuals in analytical or persuasive roles at mid- to senior levels of corporations (e.g., analysts, managers, mid-level executives). The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Clearer communications leading to more efficient and effective decision making and reduced decision making time
- More efficient analysis and less re-work which leads to higher productivity
- Crisper thinking which eliminates low-value work and prevents pursuit of low-value ideas
HOW TO REGISTER
This highly individualized session is not included in the conference registration. SOAHR attendees pay a discounted rate of $75 and your discounted rate will be available for you to purchase when you register for your general SOAHR admission.
Non-attendees will pay a rate of $129.